1. Sign in a headhunter's open market in darkest Africa:
Ordinary brains $9/lb
Engineer brains $12/lb
Doctor brains $11/lb
Accountant brains $10/lb
Consultant brains $97/lb
Asked to explain the high cost of consultant brains, the proprietor said "You don't know how many consultants we have to catch to get a pound of brains!"
2. A consultant is an ordinary person 50 miles from home with a briefcase.
3. A consultant is someone who borrows your watch to tell you the time, and then keeps your watch.
4. A consultant who came upon hard times and had lost quite a few clients was forced to have a serious economic discussion with his wife and told her that they would simply have to cut back. "If you can learn to cook, we can get rid of the cook," to which the wife replied "Yes, dear, and if you can learn how to make love we can get rid of the gardener too."
5. A consultant's credo: Learn to be sincere even if you have to fake it.
6. A consultant is someone who comes in to solve a problem and stays around long enough to become part of it.
7. A tomcat who was fixed because he'd been bothering so many neighbors at night still continued to go out ... calling himself a consultant.
8. The Senior Partner in a prominent consulting firm died and headed for heaven, but was politely told by St. Peter to get into the Management Consultant line. Soon after he saw someone else come along, say he was a consultant and get right in. He complained, to which St. Peter responded "That was God. He only thinks he's a management consultant."
9. One consultant, told he was a pain in the neck, said he was glad to have been moved up.
10. A client with one consultant knows what to do. A client with two consultants is never sure.
11. Please don't tell my mother I'm a consultant. She thinks I play guitar in a strip joint.
"No problem, just let me in." said the contractor. "Well, I'd like to, but I have higher orders. What we're going to do is let you have a day in Hell and a day in Heaven and then you can choose whichever one you want to spend an eternity in."
"Actually, I think I've made up my mind...I prefer to stay in Heaven." "Sorry, we have rules..."
And with that St. Peter put the contractor in an elevator and it went down-down-down to hell. The doors opened and the contractor found herself stepping out onto the putting green of a beautiful golf course. In the distance was a country club and standing in front of her were all her friends - fellow contractors that she had worked with and they were all dressed in evening gowns and cheering for her. They ran up and kissed her on both cheeks and they talked about old times. They played an excellent round of golf and at night went to the country club where she enjoyed an excellent steak and lobster dinner. She met the Devil who was actually a really nice guy (kinda cute)and she had a great time telling jokes and dancing. The contractor was having such a good time that before she knew it, it was time to leave. Everybody shook her hand and waved goodbye as she got on the elevator. The elevator went up-up-up and opened back up at the Pearly Gates and found St. Peter waiting for her. "Now it's time to spend a day in heaven."
So the contractor spent the next 24 hours lounging around on clouds and playing the harp and singing. She had a great time and before she knew it her 24 hours were up and St. Peter came and got her.
"So, you've spent a day in hell and you've spent a day in heaven. Now you must choose your eternity."
The contractor paused for a second and then replied, "Well, I never thought I'd say this, I mean, Heaven has been really great and all, but I think I had a better time in Hell." So St Peter took her to the elevator where she went down-down-down back to Hell. When the doors of the elevator opened she found herself standing in a desolate wasteland covered in garbage and filth. She saw her friends were dressed in rags and were picking up the garbage and putting it in sacks. The Devil came up to her and put his arm around her.
"I don't understand," stammered the contractor, "Yesterday I was here and there was a golf course and a country club and we ate lobster and we danced and had a great time. Now all there is a wasteland of garbage and all my friends look miserable."
The Devil looked at her and smiled. "That's because yesterday you were a contractor, but today you're permanent staff.